Score: Roanoke 21, MIT 12
Records: Roanoke 6-3 | MIT 2-5
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Mckenna Polak scored seven goals to help lead Roanoke to a 21-12 women's lacrosse win over MIT on Wednesday.
How it Happened:
- With the score tied 1-1, Jenn Schwechheimer scored two goals in just over a minute to give RC a 3-1 edge just four minutes into the contest.
- After MIT made it 3-2, RC scored three straight goals, the final coming off the stick of Katie Clements who made it 6-2 with 18:03 to play in the first half.
- Later in the half with RC leading 7-5, Ellie Armstrong scored with 12:46 to go in the half and sparked a 5-0 run for the Maroons to close the half and give RC a 12-5 advantage.
- MIT rallied, scoring three goals in the first six minutes of the second half to make it a 12-8 game.
- Polak scored with 22:31 to go in the game en route to the Maroons scoring four unanswered goals to take a 16-8 lead.
- MIT scored three of the next four goals to make it a 17-11 game but RC put the game away with three goals in less than a two-minute span as a strike from Polak made it 20-11 with just under seven minutes to play.
- Roanoke held a 36-19 edge in shots and won the groundball battle 26-13.
- Schwechheimer finished with four goals and three assists. Clements scored three goals and added eight draw controls. Maggie Lewis and Ellie Armstrong each had three goals as well.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Lynchburg on Friday at 4:00 p.m. in ODAC action.