Score: Shenandoah 11, Roanoke 7
Records: Roanoke 2-1 / 0-1 ODAC | Shenandoah 2-2 / 1-0 ODAC
Location: Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
The Lead: The Roanoke College Women's Lacrosse team dropped its ODAC opener to Shenandoah 11-7 Monday afternoon in Fort Lauderdale, Fla.
How it Happened
- With Shenandoah up 1-0 early, Hannah Taylor tied the game when she converted a free-position at the 27:44 mark.
- The game was tied 2-2 when SU went on a three goal run with Alexandra Simonson giving the Hornets a 5-2 lead with 9:17 to go in the first-half.
- Ellie Armstrong struck for a goal 40 seconds later to make it a 5-3 game before SU closed the half with two goals to take a 7-3 lead into the intermission.
- Jordyn Miller scored for SU just over two minutes into the second-half to make it 8-3, before back-to-back goals by Olivia Camillo and Mckenna Polak cut the Maroon deficit to 8-5.
- Cassie Arndt put SU in front 9-5 with 21 minutes to go in the game.
- Armstrong scored with 10:33 to go and Jenn Schwechheimer scored 45 seconds later to make it 9-7.
- That would be as close as RC would get as SU scored two goals in a 27 second span to put the game away.
- Armstrong led RC with two goals, while Katie Clements had a goal to go along with seven draw controls and four caused turnovers. Carly Schoudel finished with 11 saves for Roanoke.
- SU held a 29-22 advantage in shots.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action tomorrow at 11:00 a.m. against DeSales in Fort Lauderdale.