Score: Roanoke 22, Methodist 7
Records: Roanoke 1-0 | Methodist 0-1
Location: Fayetteville, N.C.
The Lead: Roanoke used 15 first-half goals en route to a 22-7 season-opening victory at Methodist on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
- Nine different Maroons scored in the win led by Katie Clements who had four goals. Mckenna Polak, Jenn Schwechheimer and Ellie Armstrong each had three goals.
- Clements had two assists for a game-high six points, while Polak had two helpers to give her five points and Maggie Lewis added two goals and two assists for four points.
- Schwechheimer got RC on the board just under two minutes into the game and sparked what would prove to be the first of seven unanswered goals for the Maroons to start the game.
- Methodist went on a 4-1 run to cut the gap to 8-4 with 10:30 to play in the first-half.
- RC responded with a 7-1 run to close the half, taking a 15-5 advantage on an Armstrong goal with nine seconds left in the half.
- Roanoke held a 40-16 edge in shots and an 18-14 advantage in groundballs. Carly Schoudel made seven saves for the Maroons.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in action on Saturday, Feb. 24 when it hosts Penn-State Abington at 11:00 a.m.