Score: Roanoke 22, Randolph 1
Records: Roanoke 2-9, 2-1 ODAC | Randolph 2-7, 0-2 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Eighteen different Maroons scored as Roanoke earned a 22-1 ODAC win over Randolph on Saturday.
How it Happened
- Sarah Kroneberger, Lainey Decker, Morgan Barlow and Olivia Camillo all scored twice in the win for Roanoke. Courtney McCartin (1g, 3a) and Jenn Schwechheimer (0g, 4a) each had a team-high four points.
- Roanoke scored 14 unanswered goals to start the game, the first coming off the stick of Decker seven minutes into the contest, followed by a score from Katie Clements less than a minute later to make it 2-0.
- A Kroneberger goal with 15:23 to go in the first-half made it 5-0 and proved to be the first of seven goals in less than five minutes with another Kroneberger strike making it 11-0.
- Roanoke led 14-0 at the half then came out and scored the first four goals of the second stanza as Maire Casey made it 18-0 Maroons with just over 21 minutes to play in the game.
- Roanoke outshot Randolph 40-6 and held a 22-3 advantage in draw controls, with Barlow grabbing a team-high five on the day.
- Emma Blair played the first-half in net, making two saves. Shannon Barker and Ellie Anderson split time in the second-half with Barker making one save.
Roanoke will be back in action next Saturday against Bridgewater at Noon in Salem.