Score: #4 Washington and Lee 83, #7 Roanoke 62
Records: Roanoke 18-10 | Washington and Lee 19-8
Location: Salem, Va. | Salem Civic Center
The Lead: Fourth-seeded Washington and Lee used 12 three-pointers in an 83-62 victory over seventh-seeded Roanoke in the Semifinals of the 2019 ODAC Tournament.
How it Happened:
- Whitney Hopson led RC with 17 points, while Molly Hassell had 12 points in the loss. Victoria Maxwell had eight points to go along with six rebounds.
- Kate Groninger led the way for W&L with 22 points. Taylor Casey had 17 points, while Erin Hughes had 15 and Erin Addison finished with 12.
- RC shot 25-of-67 (37.3%) from the floor and Washington and Lee made 25-of-52 (48.1%) shots, including 12-of-23 from beyond the three-point arc.
- Washington and Lee led 7-6 with 5:19 left in the first quarter and would finish on a 12-4 run to lead 19-10 after the first 10 minutes.
- Hassell would connect on a three-pointer to make the score 28-20 with 5:19 left in the half before W&L used three, three-pointers as part of an 11-0 run which gave them a 39-20 lead with 3:18 to go in the second quarter.
- The Generals led 45-25 and would maintain a 20 point lead for the majority of the second half.
- RC finishes the season with 18 wins which is the most for the team since 2011.