Score: Randolph-Macon 61 | Roanoke 52
Records: Roanoke 15-9, 8-9 ODAC | Randolph-Macon 16-7, 11-5 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke fell 61-52 to Randolph-Macon in ODAC Women's Basketball action Saturday in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Senior Victoria Maxwell recorded a double-double with 10 points and 11 rebounds. Whitney Hopson scored a team-high 16 points while Molly Hassell chipped in 10 points. Ajah Alexander joined them in double digits with 11 rebounds as RC held a 42-40 edge on the glass.
- Randolph-Macon took a 10-4 lead following a pair of free-throws from Michal Ross with 3:33 left in the first quarter.
- With the score 19-12 R-MC in the second quarter, a three-pointer from Kayla Kinsler sparked a 15-2 run by the Maroons, highlighted by back-to-back threes from Hassell, to take a 27-21 lead with 3:28 to go in the half.
- Roanoke scored the first nine points of the second half, taking a 41-28 advantage following a three-point play from Hassell.
- The Yellow Jackets responded scoring the next 10 points to close the gap to 41-38 RC with two minutes to go in the third.
- Neither team was able to open up more than a one-point lead through the first four minutes of the fourth quarter before a layup from Ross started an 11-2 run for Randolph-Macon to pull away with a 59-49 advantage with less than a minute to go.
- R-MC was led by Ross with 17 points and Kelsey Winser with 11 points in the win.
- Roanoke went 19-for-62, shooting just 30.6% from the field while the Yellow Jackets were 20-for-55 for 36.4%.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Lynchburg on Wednesday at 7 p.m. in the regular season finale.