Score: Bridgewater 78, Roanoke 57
Records: Roanoke 15-6 / 8-6 ODAC | Bridgewater 12-8 / 6-7 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Bridgewater used a big second quarter to top Roanoke 78-57 in ODAC Women's Hoops on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- With the score 5-2 Roanoke three minutes into the game, the Maroons went on a 9-0 run and were able to push their lead to 14-2 on a Molly Hassell basket with 3:43 to go in the first quarter.
- BC was able to score 13 of the next 19 points as the Eagles trimmed the RC lead to 20-15 on a Diamond Huskey three-pointer as time expired in the first.
- The score was tied at 24 halfway through the second quarter before the Eagles finished the half with a 10-0 run that was capped by a Madison Baum three-pointer in the closing seconds.
- The Eagles lead would reach 20 points in the third quarter when Briana Moore knocked a three that made the score 53-33 with just over three minutes to play.
- Renee Alquiza and Ayanna Scarborough each scored nine points for Roanoke in the loss. Victoria Maxwell had 10 rebounds to lead RC, while Alquiza finished with eight boards. The Maroons made 22-of-71 (31.0%) shots on the day.
- Bridgewater was paced by Moore with 18 points. Rebecca Harvey finished with 17 points, while Baum had 14 points.
Up Next: Roanoke is back on the road on Wednesday when it travels to Emory & Henry for a 5:00 p.m. game.