Score: Roanoke 77, Ferrum 45
Records: Roanoke 15-6 / 8-6 ODAC | Ferrum 3-17 / 1-12 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke held Ferrum to just 11 points in the first half as it jumped out to a big lead and never looked back as the Maroons topped the Panthers 77-45 on Wednesday.
How it Happened:
- With the score 6-3 Maroons in the first quarter, Victoria Maxwell scored what would prove to be 14 unanswered points by RC in the final 3:24. The final basket of the quarter came from Whitney Hopson whose layup with 11 seconds to go gave the Maroons a 20-3 lead.
- Roanoke led 24-6 halfway through the second quarter and would use a 10-2 run, taking a 32-8 lead on a Kristina Harrel free-throw with 1:21 to go in the half.
- RC led 37-11 at the half and then would open up the third quarter by outscoring Ferrum 16-2 as the Maroons pushed ahead 53-13 following a jumper by Ayanna Scarborough with just under four minutes to go in the quarter.
- Roanoke was led by Hopson with a game-high 22 points. Harrel finished with 10 points, while Mariah Carter finished with eight points off the bench for RC. Thirteen different players scored for the Maroons, who shot 39.7% for the game, making 27-of-68 shots in the win. Maxwell fished with a game-high 11 rebounds to help RC to a 52-25 edge on the glass.
- Ferrum got a team-high 20 points from Jacy Marvin. Maggie Self chipped in with 11 for FC which shot 37.5% for the game, making 15-of-40 shots. The Panthers turned the ball over 35 times as well in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday when it travels to Bridgewater for a 2:00 p.m. ODAC game.