Score: Lynchburg 77, Roanoke 65
Records: Roanoke 14-6 / 7-6 ODAC | Lynchburg 11-9 / 9-4 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Lynchburg held on for a 77-65 ODAC win on Saturday against Roanoke.
How it Happened
- A Kristina Harrel three-point play made the score 26-24 Lynchburg with 6:10 to play in the first-half.
- Lynchburg's Emily Elliot scored at the 4:35 mark in what would prove to be the first points in a 14-2 Hornet run to end the half as Lynchburg would hold a 40-26 lead at the break.
- The Hornets would extend their lead to 20 points with just under five minutes to go in the third quarter but the Maroons would use an 11-1 spurt with a Renee Alquiza basket making the score 57-47 with 32 seconds to play in the third.
- Lynchburg led 59-47 heading into the fourth quarter and would score the first five points of the quarter, taking a 64-47 led on a Kristen Green three-pointer.
- RC rallied and was able to cut the deficit to single digits when an Alquiza bucket made the score 70-61 with 4:22 to play in the game.
- That would be as close as the Maroons would get as Lynchburg held Roanoke to just one made field goal in the final four minutes of play.
- Ayanna Scarborough led RC with 15 points off the bench. Harrel finished with 13 and Alquiza had 10. Whitney Hopson had seven assists to go along with seven rebounds.
- Molly Shephard had a game-high 21 points and nine rebounds for Lynchburg, while Green finished with 20.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Wednesday when it hosts Ferrum at 5:00 p.m. in the Cregger Center.