Score: Roanoke 65, Shenandoah 45
Records: Roanoke 13-5 / 6-5 ODAC | Shenandoah 8-10 / 4-7 ODAC
Location: Winchester, Va.
The Lead: Ayanna Scarborough scored 20 points off the bench as Roanoke topped Shenandoah 65-45 Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened
- Scarborough was joined in double-digits by Kristina Harrel with 15 and Renee Alquiza with 10. Whitney Hopson also dished out five assists in the win.
- Roanoke shot 51.0% for the game, going 26-for-51 from the floor. Shenandoah was 16-for-44 (36.4%) and committed 20 turnovers in the loss.
- A three-point play by Ajah Alexander gave Roanoke a 14-7 lead with four minutes to go in the first quarter. Shenandoah would score the final four points of the first quarter to cut the RC lead to 14-11 after the first 10 minutes of play.
- Roanoke led throughout the second quarter but was unable to open up more than a five-point lead until a Scarborough layup with 41 seconds left sent RC to the locker room up 26-20 at the half.
- SU cut the RC lead to 28-26 two minutes into the second-half but the Maroons used a 12-2 run to widen the gap as Roanoke took a 38-28 lead with just under five minutes to play in the third quarter.
- A bucket by Alquiza and a free-throw by Laura McManimen gave RC a 46-36 lead after three quarters of play.
- With Roanoke leading 46-37 early in the fourth quarter, the Maroons went on a 10-2 run to put the game away with a Harrel basket making the score 56-39 with four minutes to go in the game.
- Shenandoah was led by Shannon Kuhn's 14 points.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Hollins at 5:00 p.m. on Wednesday.