Score: Roanoke 74, Randolph 50
Records: Roanoke 12-5 / 5-5 ODAC | Randolph 4-12 / 2-7 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke topped Randolph 74-50 in an ODAC Women's Basketball game on Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke was down 6-5 two minutes into the game and then would go on a 17-5 run over the course of the next seven and a half minutes and took a 22-9 lead following a jumper by Ayanna Scarborough.
- The Maroons led 22-11 after the first quarter of play and pushed their lead to 31-21 on a Whitney Hopson three-pointer with just under five minutes to play in the first half.
- Randolph was able to cut the lead to 31-26 following Amber Garrett three-pointer with three minutes to play.
- RC got a three-pointer by Molly Hassell and a free-throw from Scarborough to go up nine at 35-26 with 2:13 to go in the first half. The Maroons would eventually lead 37-30 at the intermission.
- With the score 40-32 early in the second-half, RC went on an 11-2 run, taking a 51-34 lead following a bucket by Renee Alquiza.
- In the fourth quarter, a three-pointer by Mikayla Sink made it a 60-48 game with 7:19 to go but RC would score the next seven points as a Hopson three made it 67-48 with six minutes to play.
- Roanoke was led by Hassell who had 16 points. Alquiza finished with 12 points and a game-high seven rebounds, helping RC to a 43-24 edge on the glass. Scarborough finished with 11 points off the bench, while Hopson and Kristina Harrel each had eight.
- Kayln Banks had a game-high 23 points for Randolph and Sink finished with 13.
- RC finished the night shooting 51.7% from the floor as it made 31-of-60 shots. Randolph made 20-of-55 (36.4%) shots in the loss.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Shenandoah for a 2:00 p.m. ODAC game on Saturday.