Score: Roanoke 61, Ferrum 51
Records: Roanoke 10-4 / 3-5 ODAC | Ferrum 3-12 / 1-7 ODAC
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke topped Ferrum 61-51 in ODAC Women's Basketball action on Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke had a 5-4 lead two minutes into the game then jumped ahead 17-4 following a 12-0 run that was capped by a Kayla Kinsler free-throw with 4:10 to play in the first.
- A Kinsler jumper with 30 seconds to go in the quarter gave RC a 23-13 lead after ten minutes of play.
- Renee Alquiza made a pair of free throws with 6:11 to go in the half, extending the Maroon lead to 27-17.
- Ferrum would close the half on a 15-3 run as the Panthers would go in front 32-30 on a Maggie Self basket as time expired.
- The Panthers led 39-34 half-way through the third quarter before RC closed the quarter with a 9-0 run to take a 43-39 lead on a Kinsler basket with 20 seconds to go.
- Ferrum cut the RC lead to 47-42 early in the fourth quarter. Roanoke then scored seven unanswered points to go up 54-42 and put the game away.
- Kinsler led all scorers with 15 points, while Whitney Hopson had 11 and Alquiza had nine. RC shot 22-of-49 (44.9%) from the field and took advantage of 28 Ferrum turnovers that led to 32 points on the other end of the floor.
- Ferrum was paced by Jasmine Barr with 12 points, while Jacy Marvin had 11.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Bridgewater at 1:00 p.m. on Saturday.