Score: Roanoke 76, Susquehanna 48
Records: Roanoke 9-3 | Susquehanna 3-7
Location: Salem, Va. | Susan Dunagan Holiday Classic
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 76-48 win over Susquehanna to close out 2018 and the Susan Dunagan Holiday Classic in Salem.
How it Happened
- The first quarter was back and forth with neither team able to open up more than a four point lead. Two free-throws by Laura McManimen with 35 seconds to go gave RC a 15-13 lead after the first 10 minutes of play.
- With RC leading 21-19, the Maroons went on a 16-0 run that was capped by a Molly Hassell three-pointer that made the score 37-19 with 3:38 to play in the half.
- Roanoke scored four points in the first 15 seconds of the second half following a jumper from Renee Alquiza and a layup from Whitney Hopson to extend the lead to 41-23.
- In the fourth, a three-point play from Ajah Alexander made it 63-43 with 6:33 left in regulation.
- The Maroons saw their biggest lead of the night following a three-pointer from Jessica Louros and a bucket by Corinne McPadden to take a 28-point lead in the final minute of action.
- All-Tournament team selection Alquiza led the way with 20 points followed by Hopson, who was named most outstanding player, with 14. Hassell joined the duo on the all-tournament team and double digits with 11 points.
- Susquehanna was led Amanda Lemire with 13 points.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in ODAC action on Wednesday when it travels to Eastern Mennonite for a 5:00 p.m. game.