Score: Roanoke 72, Hollins 39
Records: Roanoke 6-3, 2-3 ODAC | Hollins 2-6, 0-4 ODAC
Location: Roanoke, Va.
The Lead: 11 different Maroons scored in Roanoke's 72-39 ODAC win over Hollins Thursday night.
How it Happened:
- Molly Hassell had a game-high 13 points and Kristina Harrel joined her in double digits with 10. RC held a 45-27 edge on the glass headed by Ajah Alexander with eight.
- Roanoke shot 47.5% from the field connection on 29-of-61 attempts while Hollins was 15-for-52 for 28.8%.
- The Maroons jumped out to a 16-4 lead following a layup from Ayanna Scarborough just under six minutes into the contest.
- A three-pointer from Hassell kicked off the second quarter and an 18-0 run for Roanoke, capped by two points from Victoria Maxwell with 1:39 remaining in the half. Scarborough closed the half with a jumper to take a 42-10 advantage into the intermission.
- Whitney Hopson caused a steal and made a layup in the final seconds of the third quarter to make it 56-27 game.
- In the fourth, Laura McManimen and Jessica Louros made back-to-back threes to stretch the lead to 34 points with two minutes left in regulation.
Up Next: Roanoke takes a break until Dec. 16 when they host Salem at 1 p.m. in the Cregger Center.