Score: Roanoke 66, Washington and Lee 49
Records: Roanoke 5-3 1-3 ODAC | Washington and Lee 4-3 2-2 ODAC
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: The Roanoke Women's Basketball team scored a 66-49 ODAC road win at Washington and Lee on Monday night.
How it Happened
- Washington and Lee led 15-10 in with just over two minutes left in the first quarter before RC went on a 7-2 run to close quarter, tying the game at 17 on an Ayanna Scarborough basket as time expired.
- Roanoke held a 34-28 lead at halftime then opened the second-half with an 11-0 run, opening up a 45-28 lead on a jumper by Renee Alquiza with just over six minutes to play in the third quarter.
- W&L was unable to gain much ground the rest of the third, edging the Maroons, 7-6, from that point to go into the final quarter trailing by 13 points.
- Neither team scored in the fourth until the Generals' Erin Addison hit one of two free throws at the 5:15-mark, before Roanoke extended its lead to a game-high 20 points, courtesy of a 10-2 run, to put the game away.
- Scarborough led three RC players in double-figures with 13 points on 6-of-9 shooting. Molly Hassell had 12 points, while Alquiza finished with 11 points. Ajah Alexander finished with nine points to go along with 10 rebounds.
- Roanoke shot 47.2-percent (25-of-53) from the field and limited the Generals to just 27.4-percent (17-of-62). For the game, the Maroons outrebounded W&L, 45-27, and held advantages in points off turnovers (15-11), second-chance points (13-8), points in the paint (36-14), fastbreak points (16-5) and bench points (24-16).
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in ODAC action on Thursday at Hollins at 7:00 p.m.