Score: Guilford 61, Roanoke 53
Records: Roanoke 4-3 / 0-3 ODAC | Guilford 3-3 / 2-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Guilford scored a 61-53 ODAC Women's Basketball win over Roanoke Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened
- Guilford took a 10-0 lead to open the game when Lindsay Gauldin completed a three-point play with 2:48 left in the quarter.
- Guilford led 13-4 after the first 10 minutes of play but Roanoke responded with an 11-4 run to open the second quarter, pulling to within at 17-15 following a Kristina Harrel three-point play with just over four minutes to go in the second half.
- The Quakers scored eight of the final 10 points of the quarter including a Miracle Waters basket in the closing seconds that sent the teams to the locker room with GC leading 25-17.
- With Guilford leading 37-22 midway through the third quarter, Roanoke rallied, going on a 13-1 run to close the third. The Maroons pulled within three at 38-35 when Harrel scored with just under a minute to play.
- The game remained close throughout the fourth quarter a layup followed by a three-pointer by Molly Hassell made the score 51-47 RC with 2:32 left on the clock.
- Calyn Davis connected for a three-pointer on a GC's ensuing possession to make it a seven-point game before a bucket by Ajah Alexander cut it to 54-49 with 1:20 to play.
- That would be as close as the Maroons would get as the Quakers converted seven free-throws down the stretch to seal the game.
- Roanoke was led by Whitney Hopson and Hassell with 13 points apiece, while Harrel finished with 10.
- Guilford was paced by Gauldin with 23 points and 13 rebounds. The Quakers held a 47-31 edge in rebounding.
Up Next: Roanoke will be at Washington and Lee on Monday for a 7:00 p.m. game.