Score: Washington and Lee 79, Roanoke 65
Records: Roanoke 3-2 / 0-2 ODAC | Washington and Lee 3-1 / 1-0 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Taylor Casey scored 36 points as Washington and Lee topped Roanoke 79-65 in ODAC action.
How it Happened
- RC scored the first seven points of the game and then went up 9-2 on a Kristina Harrel layup with just over six minutes left in the first quarter.
- Washington and Lee would outscore Roanoke 15-6 to close the quarter and to lead 17-15 at the break.
- Molly Hassell gave RC the lead back with a three-pointer to open the second quarter but W&L would go on a 17-0 run, taking a 34-18 edge on an Erin Anderson bucket with 2:36 to play in the half.
- With score 48-27 and eight minutes left in the game, RC went on a 13-5 run, cutting the W&L lead to 53-40 with 3:24 left on the clock.
- That would be as close as RC would get as Casey converted a shot to put the Generals back up 15 with 2:39 to go.
- Five different Maroons scored in double-figures led by Kayla Kinsler with 14. Hassell and Victoria Maxwell each had 12 points, while Harrel and Ajah Alexander had 11 and 10 points, respectively.
- RC shot 25-of-64 (39.1%) on the night while W&L as 27-of-56 (48.2%), including 13 three-pointers.
- Casey finished the game with 36 points for the Generals while Kate Groninger had 11 points and Erin Hughes had 10.
Up Next: Roanoke will be back in action on Sunday at home against Methodist at 2:00 p.m.