Score: Roanoke 88, Wesleyan (Ga.) 22
Records: Roanoke 2-1 | Wesleyan 0-3
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored a 88-22 win over Wesleyan (Ga.) Saturday evening in the opening game of the 2018 Jean Beamer Tip-Off Classic.
How it Happened
- Ajah Alexander led five Maroons in double-figures with 18 points. Whitney Hopson had 12 points, while Kristina Harrel, Victoria Maxwell and Renee Alquiza had 10. Hopson also dished out five assists.
- The Maroons shot 47.3% for the game, converting 35-of-74 shots from floor. RC held Wesleyan to just five made field goals for the game and forced 37 turnovers.
- Roanoke scored the first seven points of the game and would lead 20-2 after the first quarter after Ayanna Scarborough made a pair of free-throws in the final second.
- RC then scored the first 13 points of the second quarter, taking a 33-2 lead on an Alexander bucket.
- The Maroons led 45-6 at halftime and would see their lead reach as much as 63 in the second half after Scarborough made it 82-19 with five minutes to play.
Up Next: Roanoke will close out the Jean Beamer tomorrow at 3:00 p.m. against Piedmont.