Score: Hollins 64 | Roanoke 56
Records: Roanoke 7-17 / 4-11 ODAC | Hollins 4-20 / 1-14
Location: Roanoke, Va.
The Lead: Hollins used a strong rebounding effort to score a 64-56 win over Roanoke on Wednesday.
How it Happened
- Roanoke shot just 25.0% in the first half and Hollins used a 25-16 edge on the boards to go to take a 33-23 lead into the locker room at intermission.
- Hollins pushed its lead to 41-29 on a Keyazia Taylor bucket with 4:13 to go in the third quarter.
- A McManiman three-pointer on RC's ensuing possession sparked a 10-0 run by the Maroons with another McManiman three making it 41-39 HU, with just over two minutes to play in the third.
- With Hollins leading 54-45, a Kristina Harrel basketball sparked a 5-0 run by the Maroons as they cut their deficit to 54-50 with five minutes to play.
- Hollins led 56-53 with under a minute to play before a Victoria Maxwell jumper pulled RC within one.
- That would be as close as the Maroons would get as Hollins would score eight of the final 11 points to secure the win.
- McManimen finished with 22 points, while Harrel had 14.
- Hollins finished with a 52-34 edge on the glass, led by Lachrisha Hill with 16 rebounds and Deana Campbell with 11 boards.
Up Next: Roanoke closes out the regular season when it hosts Randolph-Macon at 2:00 p.m. on Saturday.