Score: Bridgewater 67, Roanoke 58
Records: Roanoke 6-11 / 3-5 ODAC | Bridgewater 8-8 / 4-4 ODAC
Location: Bridgewater, Va.
The Lead: Bridgewater scored a 67-58 ODAC win over Roanoke on Saturday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- A Molly Hassell three-pointer four minutes into the game gave RC a 7-6 lead and sparked a 13-5 run for the Maroons to close the opening quarter with a Madeline Suhr basket giving RC a 19-11 lead.
- A three-point play by Suhr gave Roanoke a 24-16 advantage with five minutes to go in the first-half.
- Bridgewater closed the second quarter with a 15-4 run, taking a 31-28 halftime advantage into the locker room.
- The Eagles took a 41-33 edge with 5:52 left in the third quarter before the Maroons scored six of the next seven points, closing within three at 42-39 following a pair of Allison Livengood free-throws.
- BC would score back-to-back baskets to close the quarter to lead 46-39 heading into the fourth.
- The Eagles would push the gap to 10 halfway through the fourth quarter when a Sydni Carey bucket made it 55-45.
- The Maroons were able to cut it to a four-point deficit when a Hassell three-pointer would make it a 62-58 game with 1:20 to go.
- That would be as close as Roanoke would get as BC scored five straight points to close the game.
- Suhr and Kristina Harrel had 11 points each for Roanoke. Harrel and Victoria Maxwell each pulled down nine rebounds for the Maroons.
- Briana Moore scored a game-high 22 points for Bridgewater, while Jessalyn Monday pulled down 12 rebounds.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Wednesday when it hosts Guilford at 5:30 p.m.