Score: Roanoke 74, Washington and Lee 60
Records: Roanoke 6-10, 3-4 ODAC | Washington and Lee 10-5, 4-3 ODAC
Location: Lexington, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke had four players in double-figures and outrebounded Washington and Lee by 24 as the Maroons topped the Generals 74-60 on Tuesday night.
How it Happened
- With RC up 27-22, a Laura McManimen jumper made it 29-22 and sparked a 7-0 run by the Maroons to close the first quarter, putting them up 34-22 after the first 10 minutes.
- The Maroons closed the first half with seven unanswered points and then outscored W&L, 13-3, over the first 4:32 of the third period to assume a 47-25 lead with 5:28 left in the third period.
- Roanoke led by as many as 24 points (54-30) in the game and W&L could get no closer than the 14-point final margin.
- Roanoke hit 28-of-81 (.346) shots and collected 24 offensive rebounds. The Maroons placed four players in double-digit figures led by Molly Hassell, who tallied 18 points, eight rebounds, and five assists. Kristina Harrel notched 16 points, while McManimen recorded 15 points. Victoria Maxwell chipped in 13 points and 13 rebounds.
- Madeline Suhr had 12 rebounds and Chris Martin tallied eight to help RC to a 65-41 edge on the glass for the game.
Up Next: Roanoke is back in action on Saturday at Bridgewater at 4:30 p.m.