Score: Guilford 66, Roanoke 47
Records: Roanoke 4-8 / 1-2 ODAC | Guilford 9-1, 3-0 ODAC
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Guilford used a big second-half to top visiting Roanoke 66-47 Wednesday night in ODAC Women's Hoops action.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke got 14 points from Molly Hassell in the loss. Laura McManimen and Madeline Suhr each had nine points for Roanoke.
- Miracle Walters had a game-high 24 points for Guilford. Lauren Ramsey had 18 points, while Essence Abraham had 16 points for GC.
- Guilford led 8-7 in the first quarter before RC reeled off a 10-2 run, taking a 17-10 lead following a Kristina Harrel three-pointer as time expired.
- GC rallied in the second quarter and opened with a 13-3 run, taking a 23-20 lead on an Abraham three-pointer halfway through the second quarter.
- RC bounced back to take a 30-26 lead with just over a minute to go in the half, before GC scored the final six points to take a 32-30 advantage into the locker room.
- Guilford opened the third quarter on a 12-2 run and would end up making 8-of-16 shots in the quarter to outscore RC 20-8 and take a commanding lead.
Up Next: Roanoke will host Randolph at 3:30 p.m. on Saturday in ODAC action.