Score: Roanoke 71 | Meredith 64
Records: Roanoke 4-7 | Meredith 0-10
Location: Salem, Va. | Susan Dunagan Holiday Classic
The Lead: Three Maroons scored in double digits as Roanoke topped Meredith 71-64 in the final game of the Susan Dunagan Holiday Classic Sunday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- Laura McManimen scored 16 points, Victoria Maxwell had 12 points and Corinne McPadden added 11 in the win.
- Roanoke shot 37.9% going 22-for-58 from the field while the Avenging Angels went 21-for-63 for 33.3%.
- RC jumped out to a 9-0 advantage following a jumper from Maxwell just under four minutes into the contest.
- With the score 22-20 RC in the second quarter, Roanoke used a 10-0 run capped by a pair of free throws from McPadden to extend the lead to 32-20 with four minutes left in the first half.
- Chandler Hines made three consecutive three-pointers to cut the lead to 54-46 with 1:59 left in the third quarter before a pair of the Meredith free-throws closed out the third and made it 54-51 in favor of Roanoke.
- The Avenging Angels brought it within one with five minutes left before Chris Martin made a three-point play to make it 64-60. Roanoke went on the score seven free-throws down the stretch to secure the win.
Up Next: The Maroons open 2018 at Guilford on Jan. 3 with a 7:30 p.m. match-up with the Quakers.