Score: Roanoke 3 | Guilford 1
Records: Roanoke 15-10, 2-1 ODAC | Guilford 12-7, 2-2 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Emily Salsberry held Guilford to two hits in the complete game performance with a 3-1 win in game one.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke took an early 1-0 lead as Katie Smith bunted for a single with one out and moved to second on a Quaker error. Ruthie Williams then singled up the middle to plate Smith.
- After three scoreless innings, Smith, Anna Clowdis and Williams all walked to load the bases with one out. Mattie Morris drove in Smith with a single to left field and Kate Priester followed suit with an RBI to make it a 3-0 game.
- Guilford scored one run off a Roanoke error in the top of the sixth to close the gap to 3-1.
- Williams led the Maroons going 2-for-2 with one RBI while Smith tallied two runs scored.
- Salsberry improved to 6-4 allowing only two hits while striking out five in six innings.
Score: Roanoke 2 | Guilford 0
Records: Roanoke 16-10, 3-1 ODAC | Guilford 12-8, 2-3 ODAC
Locations: Salem, Va.
The Lead: The Maroons shutout the Quakers with a 2-0 win in game two.
How it Happened:
- In the bottom of the second, Morris and Priester led off with back-to-back singles. Becca Wenger drove in pinch runner Scarlett Sisson to take a 1-0 advantage.
- Taylor Carter drew a leadoff walk in the bottom of the third and Smith singled with a bunt. Clowdis moved the duo to second and third on a groundout. Carter scored one batter later on a wild pitch to make it 2-0.
- Darby Kozan hit a double to start off the top of the seventh but Teresa Wagner recorded a strikeout and a groundout in the final two at-bats to secure the win.
- Priester went 2-for-3 in game two for RC while Kozan went 2-for-3 for GC.
- Wagner gave up eight hits and no runs while striking out four to move to 6-3 on the season.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts No. 1 Virginia Wesleyan on Friday for a doubleheader beginning at 2 p.m.