Race: 2019 ODAC Cross Country Championships
Length: Women's 6K | Men's 8K
Location: Salem, Va. | Green Hill Park
The Lead: The Roanoke Men's and Women's Cross Country competed at the 2019 Old Dominion Athletic conference (ODAC) Championships on Saturday. The women finished 5th with the men coming home 4th in the 12 team field.
- RC would secure 124 points and finish in a total time of 2:13:23, an average of 26:41 per runner. The Maroons finished 20 points out of the top three, trailing Virginia Wesleyan and completing the 8K course one minute ahead of the Royals of Eastern Mennonite.
- Peter Smith paced the Maroon men with a time of 26:03.8, just out-finishing teammate Chamberlain Zulauf by just .2 of a second. For his efforts, Smith was named to the All-ODAC Second Team by virtue of his 14th place finish.
- Another pair of teammates would finish back-to-back, 33rd and 34th, when Tyler Barrett crossed the line just 1.3 seconds ahead of Nathaniel Willis.
- Rounding out the five scorers for RC would be Josh Fretwell (27:22.0), collecting 36 points.
- The Roanoke women would also compete in a 12 team field, finishing 5th with 161 points. The Maroons would secure the top five placement by virtue of their total time of 2:06:28, three and a half minutes clear of Bridgewater College.
- RC would see a pair of runners claim top 25 points with Lauren Brown (23) and Emma Maras (25). Brown posted a time of 24:37.0 and Maras finished the 6K track in 24:53.6.
- With a time of 25:16.9, Hannah Koepfinger was the third runner for RC and Ashley Brown would round out the top four.
Up next: Roanoke will travel to the travel to Memphis for the NCAA South/Southeast Regional meet on November 16th.