Race: VertCross Invitational (hosted by High Point Univ.)
Length: Women's 6K | Men's 8K
Location: High Point, N.C. | Beeson Park
The Lead: The men's and women's cross country teams traveled to North Carolina to compete in the VertCross Invitational hosted by High Point University. The Maroons would face a field of, primarily, DI schools with the men finishing 10th and the women 16th.
- The Maroons would post an average time of 26:37.90 securing a 16th place finish in a field that would see High Point, Wake Forest, and Clemson claim the top three spots.
- Emma Maras would best all but one of the DIII runners in the field with a time of 25:20.97 and finishing just 16 seconds ahead of teammate Hannah Koepfinger.
- Lauren Brown would finish less than .4 seconds behind a runner from UNC-Ashville with a time of 26:31.21 while Zoe Dunlap would round out the top four for the Maroons.
- NOTE - Due to a timing error, the men's times have yet to be released but the order of finish was recorded.
- RC finished 10th in the field of 15 teams that were led by Appalachian State, High Point, and Clemson.
- Chamberlain Zulauf finished 43rd of the 147 competitors.
- Peter Smith and Nathaniel Willis each scored in the top half of the field allowing Roanoke the top 10 finish, five spots ahead of ODAC rival Hampden-Sydney.
Up next: Roanoke will host the 2019 ODAC Cross Country Championships on November 2nd at Green Hill Park in Salem.