Race: Louisville Cross Country Classic
Length: Women's 3.9K | Men's 8K
Location: Louisville, KY | Sawyer State Park
The Lead: The men's and women's cross country teams traveled to Kentucky to compete at the 2019 Louisville Cross Country Classic, hosted by the Louisville Sports Commission.
- Chamberlain Zulauf paced the Maroons with a time of 26:51.9 over the 8K course.
- Nathaniel Willis posted a time of 27:28.1, finishing 17 spots ahead of teammate Josh Fretwell (27:51.7).
- The Maroons finished 35th in the 40 team field and third amongst the ODAC teams competing in the event with an average time of 27:43.
- Lauren Brown (15:35.0) led Roanoke while Emma Maras posted a time of 15:49.3
- Ashley Brown (16:18.0) finished two spots ahead of Hannah Koepfinger (16:20.2)
- Roanoke finished 31st in the race that featured 37 of the nation's best teams.
- NOTE - A gate was opened at the wrong time due to a lapped runner, which caused the field to deviate to an alternate course for safety of spectators. The Games Committee determined that the race will be scored at 3.9k (last split point).
Up next: In two weeks, Roanoke will travel to compete at the VertCross Invitational hosted by High Point University.