Meet: Virginia Tech Alumni Invitational
Location: Blacksburg, Va. | Virginia Tech
The Lead: The Maroons traveled up the road to Virginia Tech for its Alumni Invite Friday night in Blacksburg.
- Roanoke finished sixth overall and second best of the Division lll schools with a team score of 148.
- Chamberlain Zulauf led the way, finishing 17th (for scoring) with a time of 25:34.9. Zulauf finished atop the leaderboard of Division lll runners on the men's side.
- With a time of 26:02.0, Peter Smith finished 24th of those counted in scoring.
- Nathaniel Willis rounded out the top finishes for Roanoke with a time of 26:46.3 in 31st.
- The Maroons finished seventh overall and second of the Division lll schools competing with a team score of 212.
- Hannah Koepfinger recorded a team-best time of 25:20.5 for a scoring finish of 31st.
- Alexis Mattson crossed the finish line in 26:24.1 for 38th place for RC.
- With a time of 28:04.1, Olivia Farley scored 46th for the Maroons.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Saturday, Sept. 29 for the Paul Short Run at Lehigh University in Bethlehem, Pa.