Meet: 2019 ODAC Championships
Date: April 19-20
Location: Randolph College | Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke took part in the 2019 ODAC Championships at Randolph College on Friday and Saturday. Jennifer Calascione was named the Female Athlete of the Meet.
- Lindsey Baxter won the ODAC Championship in the pole vault with a mark of 3.31 m, while Claire Trotto finished third and Louise Tester was fourth.
- Mara Briggs' mark of 1.66m was good for second-place overall in the high jump.
- Corbin Turner broke the school record in the pole vault with a mark of 4.28m that placed him third overall as well.
- Jennifer Calascione won the discus with a throw of 40.23m. She also had a throw of 11.94 in the women's shot put to take second-place. For her efforts, she was named the Female Athlete of the Meet.
- Grant Williams, Joey Reid, Zach McNeil and Brandon Justice set a Roanoke record with a time of 42.46 and finished fourth overall in the process.
- The Maroons took two of the top four spots in the 100 meters with Claire Aurand (12.84) and Alison Moreau (12.84) finishing third and fourth, respectively.
- Aurand also teamed up with Saja Alexander, Grace Rios and Quiana Mosley to place third overall in the 4 x 100 relay with a time of 49.88.
- Lily Lippert finished third in the 100m hurdles with a time of 15.64.
- Roanoke took the top three spots in the hammer throw with Nicole Moughrabi winning the ODAC Championship with a throw 42.52. Jayna Jean-Jules took second with a mark of 42.25 and Calascione was third with a 41.54.
- The Roanoke women finished third overall, while the men were fifth.
Up Next: Roanoke will take part in the Liberty Twilight meet on May 1.