Score: Men 203-26 | Women 215-6
Meet: Roanoke vs. Greensboro
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: After opening the season at the ODAC Relay meet, the Roanoke swim team hosted Greensboro in the pool at the Salem YMCA. Both the men and women dominated, winning each event and posting some of the fastest times in the conference to date.
- In the 200 Fly, Ben Tate posted an ODAC best time of 1:58.35, besting Jared Nickodem (W&L) by .08 of a second.
- Connor Kinkema finished the 100 Breaststroke in 1:00.13, just off the ODAC lead of 59.45.
- Roanoke would also see another pair of times that would rank right behind the ODAC leader. Colin Burnette posted 55.84 in the 100 Backstroke and Brian Grimmett went 47.97 in the 100 Freestyle.
- Austin Orange won the 200 Backstroke (2:02.54) the third fasted in the ODAC at that distance.
- After posting a conference best 53.27 at the ODAC Relays, Kimberly Large won the 100 Freestyle in 55.77.
- Maddie Andrews bested the field in the 200 Backstroke with a time of 2:08.86, three seconds faster than anyone in the league to date. Andrews also won the 100 Backstroke in 1:01.03, less than half a second off the ODAC lead.
- In the 200 Breaststroke, Sarah Virginia Scott finished two seconds clear of Caylyn McNaul as the duo posted the second and third fastest times of the season.
- In the final women's event of the meet, Reilly Bird, Elizabeth Roberts, and Paige Shaika teamed with Andrews to win the 200 Freestyle Relay (1:42.95) the second fastest time in the conference.
Up next: The Ronaoke women will travel to Sweet Briar next weekend to face the Vixens and Hollins in a tri-meet before joining the men on November 2nd when they host Mary Washington.