Women's Scores: Roanoke 189, UNC Pembroke 77 | Roanoke 196, Greensboro 12
Men's Score: Roanoke 188 | Greensboro 20
Meet: Roanoke at Greensboro vs UNC Pembroke
Records: Women 2-0, Men 1-0
The Lead: Roanoke won 25 of 26 events in the sweep of Greensboro and UNC Pembroke Saturday afternoon at Greensboro.
- Maria Vinson set a new team record in both 200 yard butterfly and the 200 IM with a time of 2:16.90 in the butterfly and a 2:14.76 in the IM.
- The relay team of Reilly Bird, Sarah Virginia Scott, Elizabeth Roberts, and Sydney Sellars kicked off the day with a first-place time of 1:56.79 in the 200 medley relay.
- Bird clocked a 1:02.98 in the 100 backstroke and a 26.28 in the 50 freestyle for a pair of first place finishes
- Scott followed suit with a pair of top-finishes in the 100 breaststroke (1:12.43), and the 200 breastroke (2:38.44).
- Grace Fountain finished first in the 500 freestyle with a time of 5:28.92. Fountain also took the top spot in the 200 freestyle finishing in 2:01.60.
- Ben Tate set a new team record in the 200 butterfly with a time of 2:00.97. Tate then went on to win the 200 IM with a time of 2:04.59.
- Connor Kinkema touched the wall in 1:02.40 in the 100 breaststroke followed by a 2:26.47 finish in the 200 breaststroke for the top spots.
- In the 500 freestyle, Brian Grimmett clocked a 5:09.67 after finishing the 100 freestyle in 51.13 seconds.
- Collin Ruby and Colin Burnette finished the 100 backstroke just .10 seconds apart with Ruby clocking a 59.79 followed by Burnette at 59.89.
Up Next: Swimmings hosts William Peace on Sunday, Oct. 28 at 4 p.m. at the Salem YMCA.