Race: ODAC Relays
Location: Washington and Lee University
The Lead: The Roanoke College men's and women's swimming teams opened up the 2018-19 season by taking part in the ODAC Relays at Washington and Lee. The men's team finished second out of the 10 teams, while the women placed third among the 12 ODAC squads.
- In the 3x50 yard butterfly relay, the team of Reilly Bird, Hannah Petty, and Elizabeth Roberts took second-place with a time of 1:23.30.
- Bird, Hadley Baker, and Izzy Mack posted a 1:25.98 to finish third in the 3x50 backstroke relay.
- Bird, Roberts, Petty, and Maria Vinson placed second in the 400-yard freestyle relay with a time of 3:48.54.
- The team of Vinson, Sydney Sellers, Anna Engel, and Grace Fountain touched the wall at 4:51.84 to win the 500-yard.
- Bird, Engel, Sellars, and Petty scored a third-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle with a time of 1:45.32.
- Vinson, Petty, and Mack were third with a time of 3:20.10 in the 3x100 yard freestyle, while Ava Burnsed, Engel, Beth Larkin, and Elizabeth Roberts were second in the 8x25 relay with a time of 1:40.66.
- The team of Ben Tate, Nick McGrath, Cole Hensen, and Brian Grimmett set a school record in the 400-yard freestyle with a time of 3:17.96.
- In the 500 yard relay, David Adarkwah, Collin Ruby, Hensen, and Connor Kinkema placed third with a time of 4:28.69.
- Colin Burnette, Sutton Schonfelder, McGrath and Grimmett posted a time of 1:41.17 in the 200 yard relay to finish second.
- Schonfelder, Burnette, Jack Vaughn and Ian Densley teamed up to win the 100 yard dolphin kicking relay, touching the wall in 48.60.
- Parker Devillier, Grimmett, McGrath and Tate scored a third-place spot in the 200 yard relay, clocking in at 1:29.98.
- Roanoke capped the day by winning the 8x25 yard relay when Adarkwah, Tanner Debord, Grimmett and Tate won with a time of 1:23.90.
Up Next: Both teams will travel to Greensboro on Oct. 20 for an ODAC dual meet.