Meet: Roanoke, Greensboro, Randolph-Macon
Location: Salem, Va.
Women: Roanoke 115 | Greensboro 39
Randolph-Macon 151 | Roanoke 50
Men: Roanoke 120 | Greensboro 42
Randolph-Macon 126 | Roanoke 74
The Lead: Men's and Women's Swimming defeated Greensboro in an ODAC meet made up of Roanoke, Greensboro, and Randolph-Macon Saturday evening.
How it Happened:
- Reilly Bird took first in the 50-yard freestyle with a time of 24.98, almost three seconds faster than the second place finisher. Bird also finished atop the leaderboard with a 1:00.09 in the 100 backstroke.
- Nick McGrath won the 50-yard freestyle, clocking a 22.31 followed by teammate David Adarkwah in second with a time of 22.50.
- McGrath went on to win the 100 breaststroke, touching the wall in 1:03.04
- Roanoke took second and third in the 100-yard butterfly as Ethan Gordon finished in 57.36 and Tanner Debord in 59.26.
- Adarkwah and Jorge Jara-Lopez finished the 100-yard freestyle in 51.77 and 55.35, respectively to take second and third.
- The Men closed the day with a first-place finish in the 200-yard freestyle relay with a 1:31.61 from Adarkwah, Debord, Jacob David, and McGrath.
- The Women took second in the 200 freestyle relay as Bird, Tessa Kenney, Phoebe Coburn and Hannah Sells combined for a 1:50.66.
Up Next: The Women's team heads to Sweet Briar on Wednesday, Jan. 31 before both teams are back in action at the ODAC Championships Feb. 9-11 in Greensboro.