Score: Washington and Lee 2, Roanoke 1
Records: Roanoke 14-2-3 | Washington and Lee 14-2-3
Location: Farmville, Va.
The Lead: Second-seeded Washington and Lee topped third-seeded Roanoke 2-1 in the Semifinals of the 2019 ODAC Men's Soccer Tournament.
How it Happened
- Washington and Lee got on the board at the 33:36 mark when Jack Rawlins scored for the Generals following a corner kick.
- The Generals doubled their lead just under seven minutes into the second-half when following an RC turnover, W&L countered with Jack Parham slipping a lead pass to Nick St. Pierre who went in alone and scored to make it 2-0.
- The score stayed that way until the 77th minute when Tiernan Armstrong set up Gabriel Hendi to cut the Generals lead to 2-1.
- That would be as close as RC would get as the W&L defense did not allow a shot following Camilleri's goal.
- Washington and Lee outshot RC 11-6, while each team had three corner kicks.
- Zach Behe finished with a pair of saves for Roanoke, while Michael Nyc had three stops for Washington and Lee.
Up Next: Roanoke will await word if it will receive an at-large bid to the 2019 NCAA Tournament. The selection show is slated for 1:30 p.m. ET on Monday, Nov. 11. The bracket will be revealed in a live on NCAA.com.