Score: No. 18 Roanoke 9, Emory & Henry 1
Records: Roanoke 13-1-3 / 5-1-2 ODAC | Emory & Henry 6-10-2 / 0-8-0 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: No. 18 Roanoke closed out the regular season with a 9-1 win over Emory & Henry on Tuesday.
How it Happened
- The Maroons needed just 8:32 into the match to score when following an Emory & Henry foul just outside the box. Tim Leuenberger used his left foot on a free kick and put the ball into the left side of the net, making it 1-0.
- Leuenberger struck again 57 seconds later to make it 2-0. After the ball was knocked around the front of the net, RC's initial shot was saved, but Leuenberger was right there to send home the rebound.
- Leuenberger then notched the hat trick by converting a penalty kick at the 13:29 mark after Chris Jerrild was fouled in the box.
- Roanoke took a 4-0 lead in the 16th minute when Jerrild was able to work down the left side of the field and cross the ball to Luca Kuettel who scored.
- RC pushed its lead to 5-0 in the 28th minute when Kuettel set up Gabriel Hendi for a score.
- Philani Motshwa converted a penalty kick in the 39th minute then took a corner kick that Vincent Lamina was able to volley in the net to make it 7-0.
- Back-to-back goals by Anthony Wisdo in a just under a three-minute span put RC on top 9-1 at the 63:14 mark.
Up Next: Roanoke awaits the release of the pairings for the 2019 ODAC Tournament which starts Sunday.
Watch: Tim Leuenberger score the first of his three goals on the free kick...