Score: No. 18 Roanoke 2, Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 10-0-2 / 2-0-1 ODAC | Ferrum 8-4-0 / 1-2 ODAC
Location: Ferrum, Va.
The Lead: A pair of second-half goals lifted No. 18 Roanoke to a 2-0 ODAC win at Ferrum on Wednesday afternoon.
How it Happened:
- The teams battled to a scoreless first-half with Roanoke leading in shots 6-3 after the first 45 minutes of play.
- RC broke through in the 50th minute when Jon-Cody Mactutus set up Isaac Wolf for score to give Roanoke the only goal it would need on the day.
- It took the Maroons less than two minutes later when Anthony Zarlenga notched an unassisted strike at the 52:30 mark to make it a 2-0 game.
- Ferrum would hold a 7-6 edge in shots in the second-half but RC keeper Zach Behe would turn away both shots on goal to preserve the shutout.
- For the game, RC led in shots 12-10 and led 7-1 in corner kicks.
- Behe made two saves on the day, while Daniel Golden made four saves, including three in the second-half for the Panthers.
- Roanoke is ranked No. 18 in the latest United Soccer Coaches Top-25 Poll and remain a perfect 8-0-0 on the road this season.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Saturday when it hosts Shenandoah at 7:00 p.m. During the match with Hornets, the Maroons will be playing for Cadin's Cure, a cause that holds close to the Roanoke Men's Soccer Program as Team Impact player, Cadin Byrd is a member of the squad. He was diagnosed with Hodgkin's Lymphoma in the Spring of 2017.
Roanoke will be wearing lavender jerseys to increase awareness of all cancers as well as Hodgkin's Lymphoma which is represented by a violet ribbon.