Score: R/V Roanoke 4, Eastern Mennonite 1
Records: Roanoke 8-0-2 | Eastern Mennonite 5-6-0
Location: Harrisonburg, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke scored three second-half goals to upend Eastern Mennonite and earn a 4-1 road win on Wednesday evening.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke opened the scoring in the 19th minute when Dylan Berk struck for an unassisted goal to make the score 1-0 Maroons.
- The score would remain that way until the 50th minute when EMU got the equalizer from Leiyan Kariuki on a pass from Andy Chappell Decker.
- RC would get what would end up to be the game-winning goal in the 63rd minute when Luca Kuettel slid a pass to Atticus Cooke just outside the box and Cooke was able to bury a shot into the top of the net to push the Maroons in front 2-1.
- Roanoke padded its lead just over three minutes later when Kuettel set up Liam Camilleri for a one timer that he chipped into left side of the net to make to make it 3-1.
- Vincent Lamina capped the scoring in the 80th minute with a goal set up by Tim Leuenberger to make it 4-1 and put the match away.
- RC outshot EMU 28-11 and held a 6-1 edge in corner kicks.
- Zach Behe finished with four saves for RC, while Ahmed Zaatar made nine stops for the Royals.
Up Next: Roanoke will hit the road Saturday for a 7:00 match with Randolph-Macon on Saturday.