Score: Roanoke 2, Berry 1
Records: Roanoke 6-0-1 | Berry 3-5-1
Location: Mount Berry, Ga.
The Lead: The Roanoke College Men's Soccer team remained unbeaten with a 2-1 win over Berry on Friday night in Georgia.
How it Happened
- The Maroons jumped on the board just under four minutes into the match when Dylan Berk scored an unassisted goal to make it 1-0.
- RC took that lead into the intermission and into the 52nd minute when Berry's Jake Williamson leveled the game at 1-1 on an unassisted goal.
- Roanoke got the game-winner with under 20 minutes to play in regulation when Jon-Cody Mactutus set up Anthony Zarlenga for a goal at the 68:53 mark.
- Berry outshot Roanoke 8-7, while Roanoke held a 4-2 edge in corner kicks.
- Zach Behe made four saves for the Maroons, including a stop on Chris Barbieri just under five minutes following Zarlenga's goal.
Up Next: Roanoke will be in action at Oglethorpe on Sunday in a 1:00 p.m. match. Oglethorpe is receiving votes in this week's United Soccer Coaches Top-25 Poll.