Score: Roanoke 2, Guilford 1 (2ot)
Records: Roanoke 5-0-1 | Guilford 2-3-1
Location: Greensboro, N.C.
The Lead: Tim Leuenberger's golden goal in the 108th minute of double overtime lifted Roanoke to a 2-1 non-conference win over Guilford on Tuesday.
How it Happened
- Roanoke got on the board in the 27th minute when Luca Kuettel scored an unassisted goal to put RC up 1-0.
- The match stayed that way through halftime and all the way into the 86th minute when Kennedy Nzekwe got the equalizer set up by a pass from Enrique Gudino.
- After a scoreless first overtime period, the Maroons struck following a Guilford foul. Jon-Cody Mactutus served a free kick into the box where it bounced and Leuenberger was able to pick the ball out of mid air an score the game-winner.
- Roanoke held a 16-5 edge in shots and had the only seven corner kicks of the match.
- Zach Behe did not make a save for the Maroons, while Guilford's Zach Van Kampen made five stops.
Up Next: Roanoke is on the road on Friday when it travels to Berry for a 7:00 p.m. match.