Score: Roanoke 1 | Bridgewater 0
Records: Roanoke 9-4-3, 5-2-3 ODAC | Bridgewater 9-6-1, 6-3-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Liam Camilleri scored the game-winner with 6:07 left to give the Maroons to win.
How it Happened:
- Camilleri put it in the back of the net off a breakaway pass from Atticus Cooke, to earn the regular season finale win.
- Philani Mlotshwa fired off a shot 23 minutes into the game but goalkeeper Quentin Boric made a diving save to keep it 0-0.
- Alex Sullivan made a save at 39:20 to keep it scoreless heading into the intermission.
- A shot from Tim Leuenberger, off a free kick, just cleared the crossbar to keep the Maroons off the board with 12 minutes left on the clock.
- Less than two minutes later, Cooke rattled off a shot but Boric made another save with 10:45 left in regulation.
- RC held an 11-6 edge in shots with a 7-1 advantage coming in the second half. Sullivan made four saves in the first half while Zach Behe didn't have to make one in the second half to combine for the shutout.
- Before the start of the game, the Men's Soccer Team recognized Cadin Byrd for all his contributions to the team over the past two seasons. Roanoke wore violet on their jerseys for Cadin's Cure and to raise cancer awareness.
Up Next: Men's Soccer awaits the standings for the ODAC Tournament. The First Round of the conference Tournament is slated to start on Friday, Oct. 26 with the No. 9 seed playing at the No.8 seed.