Score: Roanoke 1 | Virginia Wesleyan 1 (2OT)
Records: Roanoke 7-3-3, 3-1-3 ODAC | Virginia Wesleyan 2-10, 2-4-1
Location: Virginia Beach, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke tied Virginia Wesleyan 1-1 after two overtime periods Saturday night on the road.
How it Happened:
- Virginia Wesleyan got an early lead following a goal from Ricky Perrault 29 minutes into the contest.
- Roanoke rattled off three shots in the remaining minutes of the first half but were unable to find the back of the net leaving the Marlins with the 1-0 lead into the intermission.
- At 78:37, Liam Camilleri scored the equalizer with a header off a cross from Isaac Wolf to make it a 1-1 game.
- The Marlins took the lone shot on goal in the first overtime period but Alex Sullivan made the save to keep the game knotted at one.
- In the 103rd minute, VWU was awarded a penalty kick following a Roanoke foul. Perrault hit the crossbar on the shot to keep it tied.
- The Marlins held a 23-16 edge in shots while both teams recorded three corners on the night.
Up Next: Men's Soccer travels to Emory & Henry on Wednesday, Oct. 17 for a 6:30 p.m. contest.