Score: Roanoke 1 | Ferrum 0
Records: Roanoke 7-3-2, 3-1-2 ODAC | Ferrum 8-4, 4-3 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: A second-half goal from Alec Taitague lifted Roanoke to a win over Ferrum in a weather-delayed match-up.
How it Happened:
- Taitague scored the game-winner in the 74th minute, off a rebound of a saved shot from Tim Leuenberger, to give Roanoke the 1-0 advantage.
- Ferrum's Jordan Gibson fired off a shot but Zach Behe made a diving save to maintain the lead with 12 minutes left on the clock.
- Goalie Derek Thomas made a save off a penalty kick taken by Isaac Wolf at 7:04 keeping it within one for Ferrum.
- The game entered a weather delay after 20 minutes of action with the score tied 0-0. The players returned to the field after close to an 80-minute delay to finish the contest.
- Ferrum held a 4-3 edge in shots in the first half with Alex Sullivan making three saves to keep the Panthers off the board heading into the intermission. Behe added three saves of his own as well. Thomas made five saves for Ferrum.
- Roanoke and Ferrum both registered 10 shots and six corners on the night.
Up Next: Men's Soccer travels to Virginia Wesleyan on Saturday, Oct. 13 for a 6 p.m. match up with the Marlins.