Score: Roanoke 1 | Eastern Mennonite 0
Records: Roanoke 5-3-1, 1-1-1 | Eastern Mennonite 4-5-1, 2-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: A first half-goal lifted Roanoke to a 1-0 win over EMU on senior night Friday evening in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Philani Mlotshwa got the Maroons on the board with a goal, assisted from Jose Robertson, just ten minutes into the contest.
- Alex Sullivan made a save off a header from Emmanuel Boamah in the final two minutes of the first half to take the 1-0 lead into the intermission.
- In the second half, Chris Pikunas fired off a shot at the 59-minute mark that bounced off the right post to keep it 1-0 RC.
- With 12 minutes left in regulation, Michael Chang ripped a shot off a pass from Federico Mor but Emmanuel Kampagna made a point blank save.
- Alex Sullivan made two saves in the first 45 minutes of action before giving way to Zach Behe who made one in the second half. For EMU, Kampagna made four saves on the night.
- Roanoke held a 13-12 edge in shots with both teams taking five corners on the night.
- Before the start of tonight's match, six senior Maroons were recognized for their contributions to the men's soccer program. The have totaled 39 wins, including a 21-4-5 ODAC opponents over the last fours years.
Up Next: Roanoke hosts Guilford in a 3 p.m. conference match-up on Wednesday, Oct. 3.