Score: Roanoke 0 | Randolph 0 (72:59 minutes)
Records: Roanoke 4-2-1, 0-0-1 ODAC | Randolph 2-2-2, 1-0-1 ODAC
Location: Lynchburg, Va.
The Lead: After a pair of lightning delays and 72 minutes of regulation, Roanoke tied Randolph in its conference opener Saturday night.
How it Happened:
- The scoreless game was called with 17:01 left on the clock due to inclement weather.
- Roanoke rattled off two shots in the first 15 minutes of action with one coming from Atticus Cooke and one from Jon-Cody Mactutus but was unable to find the back of the net before the contest entered its first lightning delay.
- Play resumed at 7:51 p.m., the Maroons took three more shots in the first half but Randolph made two saves and blocked one, from Liam Camilleri, to keep the game 0-0.
- Erick Cortez-Martinez made three more saves in the second half to keep RC off the boards before the game was called in the 72-minute mark.
- Roanoke held an 8-2 edge in shots while Randolph took three of the five corners on the night.
- Zach Behe made one save in goal for Roanoke and Cortez-Martinez made six for the WildCats.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Lynchburg on Tuesday, Sept. 25 for a 7 p.m. ODAC match-up with the Hornets.