Score: Roanoke 12 | Southern Virginia 0
Records: Roanoke 4-2 | Southern Virginia 0-7
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Eight Maroons scored in a record-setting 12-0 win over Southern Virginia Wednesday night.
How it Happened:
- The 12-0 win sets the school's record for most goals scored in a game.
- Philani Mlotshwa scored a hat-trick in the first 25 minutes to lead Roanoke to the recording-setting win. Mlotshwa scored an unassisted goal 17 minutes in to break open the scoring.
- Less than two minutes later, Mlotshwa scored off a pass from Liam Camilleri before capping the hat trick off a penalty kick at 25:02.
- Ezra Zigarwi rounded out the first half scoring with a goal, assisted from Michael Chang, giving RC a 5-0 advantage at the intermission.
- The Maroons scored three straight goals in the first five minutes of the second half, with Camilleri, Jose Robertson and Chris Pikunas each notching a goal, making it 8-0.
- Camilleri and Chang both put one in the back of the net at the 57th minute and the 63rd minute, respectively.
- Chang rounded out the scoring with a header, off a pass from Anthony Zarlenga in the final eight minutes.
Up Next: Men's Soccer heads to Lynchburg for its ODAC opener against Randolph on Saturday, Sept. 22 at 6:30 p.m.