Score: Dickinson 1 | Roanoke 0
Records: Roanoke 3-1 | Dickinson 2-1-1
Location: Lynchburg, Va. | Shellenberger Classic
The Lead: The Red Devils used a late goal to take a 1-0 decision over Roanoke.
How it Happened:
- The Red Devils handed the Maroons their first loss of the season with a goal at the 84-minute mark from Ward Van de Water.
- Ryan Hepburn fired off a shot with less than two minutes left in regulation but goalie John Baney made the save to secure the win.
- Roanoke played a man-down for the final 11 minutes following a red card issued to Philani Mlotshwa.
- Dickinson held a 10-7 edge in shots on the night while Roanoke took six of the eight corner kicks on the night.
- Zach Behe made four saves in goal for the Maroons and Baney made four for Dickinson.
Up Next: Roanoke travels to Annapolis, Md. on Wednesday, Sept. 12 to face Rowan in a neutral site match-up. Game time is scheduled for 6 p.m. at Anne Arundell Community College.