Score: Roanoke 1 | Oberlin 0
Records: Roanoke 1-0 | Oberlin 0-1
Location: Salem, Va. | Roanoke Invitational
The Lead: A first-half goal from Atticus Cooke lifted Roanoke to a 1-0 win over Oberlin in the Roanoke Invitational Friday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Cooke scored off a cross from Anthony Zarlenga, in what proved to be the game-winner, 15 minutes into the contest.
- To start the second half, Jiadi Cheng hit the post off a strike at the 68-minute mark to keep the game at 1-0 in favor of the Maroons.
- With 20 minutes left in regulation, Vincent Lamina fired off a shot that hit the post to leave it a 1-0 contest.
- RC held a 10-7 advantage on shots while Oberlin took three of the four corners on the night.
- Zach Behe made a pair of saves in the second half after replacing starter, Alex Sullivan who made one save.
Up Next: Roanoke closes out the Roanoke Invitational Saturday, Sept. 1 with a 7:30 p.m. match-up with Averett in Salem.