Score: Roanoke 16, Shenandoah 7
Records: Roanoke 10-6, 6-3 ODAC | Shenandoah 7-8, 3-6 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Shenandoah 16-7 on Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- Roanoke used a 5-0 run to open the game started by a goal from Wyatt Naylor just 2:35 into the game.
- Shenandoah scored the last goal of the first quarter and the first goal of the second quarter to close the gap to 5-2.
- George Gilbert scored in the final 6:59 of the first half and sparked what proved to be the start of four unanswered goals as the Maroons took an 11-4 advantage into the intermission.
- Chris Baker scored two of the three Shenandoah goals in the third quarter to make it a 12-7 game.
- Brendan Devane scored back-to-back goals to open the fourth quarter and push ahead 14-7.
- Josh Corley and Will Cunnington both scored in the final 1:17 to round out the scoring.
- Devane led the way with four goals followed by Naylor with three. Ian Davies made 19 saves for the Maroons.
- Roanoke won 18 of 26 faceoffs on the night and held a 39-31 edge in ground balls.
- Jason Simpson made 14 saves in goal for the Hornets.
Up Next: Men's Lacrosse closes the regular season at Randolph-Macon on Saturday, April 20 at 1 p.m. in Ashland, Va.