Score: Hampden-Sydney 13, Roanoke 10
Records: Roanoke 9-6 / 5-3 ODAC | Hampden-Sydney 11-3 / 6-1 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Nick Arcuri made 20 saves as Hampden-Sydney topped Roanoke 13-10 in ODAC Men's Lacrosse action on Saturday.
How it Happened:
- With H-SC leading 2-0, Jason Sarro got the Maroons on the board at the 10:49 mark of the first quarter.
- After the Tigers scored to make it 3-1, RC got three consecutive goals, the final coming off the stick of Daniel Medvetz at the 11:54 mark of the second quarter that made it 4-3 RC.
- The Tigers responded with three unanswered goals of their own with a Jake O'Brien goal making it 6-4 H-SC with 8:23 to play in the half.
- Roanoke made it a 7-6 game on a Matthew Lintner goal with 5:32 to go but the Tigers got two more goals in the final 5:20 to take a 9-6 lead into the intermission.
- The game stayed that way until RC's Peter Lindley scored with five minutes to go in the third quarter to make it 9-7.
- After a Medvetz goal made it 10-8 with 1:02 left in the third quarter, H-SC got two goals in the final 33 seconds of the quarter to take a 12-8 lead.
- Lindley made it a 12-9 game with 11:15 to go in the contest but Roanoke could not get closer.
- Lindley finished with six goals, while Medvetz had two. Ian Davies made 12 saves for RC and Tim Aldinger had six groundballs to go along with a pair of caused turnovers.
- O'Brien had four goals, while Jared Medwar had three for H-SC.
- RC outshot H-SC 59-40, while the Tigers held a slim 33-31 edge in groundballs.
Up Next: Roanoke returns to action on Tuesday when it travels to Guilford for a 4:00 p.m. game.