Score: Roanoke 23, Ferrum 2
Records: Roanoke 9-5, 5-2 ODAC | Ferrum 1-12, 0-6 ODAC
Location: Salem, Va.
The Lead: Roanoke defeated Ferrum 23-2 and Coach Pilat earned his 350th career win Wednesday night in Salem.
How it Happened:
- With the win, Pilat becomes just the sixth coach in the history of Division lll to reach the 350 win milestone.
- With the score 2-1 Roanoke, a Josh Corley goal sparked a 13-0 run over the final 25 minutes of the first half to make it a 15-1 game.
- Brendan Devane scored back-to-back goals in the final four minutes of the first half with one coming at 3:52 and then again at the 3:15 mark.
- Roanoke scored seven unanswered goals in the third quarter to push ahead 22-1, highlighted by two goals from Jack Larkin at the four minute and three-minute marks.
- Peter Lindley scored a game-high three goals. Three Maroons had four points in the win with Matthew Lintner with two goals and two assists, Jason Sarro with one goal and three assists and Nick DiSanto had two goals and two assists.
- Ian Davies had five saves in the first half before giving way to Leroy Moser and Matt Federau.
- For Ferrum, Ronald Carney scored both goals and Patrick Martinek had 19 saves in the first 45 minutes.
Up Next: Men's Lacrosse hosts Hampden-Sydney on Saturday, April 13 at 2:30 p.m in Salem.